What we believe and how we roll…
The Official Bit
Taken from the full version, available here.
1.3 The objects of the Club shall be;
1.3.1 The recruitment and development of children and young people into the sport of hockey as
players, leaders/coaches, umpires and administrators.
1.3.2 The provision of playing, leading/coaching, umpiring and administrative opportunities at a
participation, development and performance level.
1.3.3 To provide equity of opportunity across all areas of the club, to encourage inclusion by minority
1.3.4 To provide a safe, effective and child friendly environment in which to play and learn hockey.
1.4 The Club shall be a members club open to all.
In other words…
Pucklechurch is a great club, and all members are valued regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or socio-economic status. With this in mind, we subscribe to values and ideals of the EHB Equality Policy and the EHB ‘Respect’ Code of Behaviour, as detailed below.
EHB Code of Behaviour
Original document available here.
All such individuals and bodies involved in hockey will, at all times:
• Respect the spirit of fair play in hockey. This is more than playing within the rules. It also incorporates
the concepts of friendship, respect for others and always participating with the right spirit.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
• Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the
safety of others.
• Promote the reputation of the sport and take all possible steps to prevent it from being brought into
• Protect others involved in the game from verbal or physical abuse and threatening or intimidating
• Never use inappropriate language or gestures.
• Abide by the EHB Safeguarding and Protecting Young People Policy and Procedures and Good Practice
• Abide by the EHB Equality Policy.
• Abide by the EHB Anti-doping Rules.
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that they are suitably insured for their activities.
We ask that all PLHC members uphold these beliefs and demonstrate them in their conduct during their association with the club. Through doing so, we endeavour to provide a fun and supportive environment in which all members can enjoy training, socialising and playing successfully together.